Thu, 13 Oct|
Stone and Bone ~ A Ceremony for Women
Gather in Circle with other sisters - to drum and "sing over the bones" to honour the wild woman within!
Time & Location
13 Oct 2022, 18:45 – 21:15
Haddon Acre, Sires Hill, North Moreton, Didcot OX11 9BG, UK
About the Event
Just after the Full Moon in Aries and before the Celtic Festival of Samhain we will gather to prepare ourselves....the change in nature is prevalent, the Autumn is here, the nights are longer and the days wane.
We are invited to honour the Stone and Bone. The bones of self are being re-assembled during this time. It can feel intense to transition into the darkness...so allow your roots to grow deeper and your instincts to guide the way.
"Singing over the bones" comes from the old story of La Loba - Wolf woman, Bone woman, Wild woman. She who sings the flesh back onto the bone, who's song allows the heart of nature to beat again. She who brings the wild ones back to life under the light of the Moon.
Together we will gather in circle with our drums, share stories and sing songs together in the warmth of the yurt - a beautiful, cosy round space in nature that holds the circle like a womb holds a babe. Inviting you to feel a sense of nourishment, connection and safety.
I am also very excited to announce that for this Ceremony we have been granted access to the owners private mini stone circle...more information about this special opportunity will be available when you've signed up.
What is included?
- Opening & Closing of Ceremonial Space
- Sister Sharing Circle - Speaking on what it means to "Re-assemble the bones of self"
- Guided Meditation practice to reconnect to your roots, the stone and the bones of the Earth.
- Singing Circle (this will be completely guided and with the option to bring your own songs)
- Silent walk to the mini stone circle to share our gratitudes to the elementals and stone guardians who dwell there
- Feasting together (please bring snacks to share)
Remember: all the practices are OPTIONAL. If you need to simply be in silence or make a cosy nest for yourself, that is welcome.
What to prepare/bring?
- A Journal/Pen
- Something special you’d like to place on the Altar for the evening.
- Wear something comfortable that you can easily move in
- A song if you have one you'd like to share (doesn't have to be your own)
- Bottle of water and mug for tea
- Snacks to share
(You will receive another email closer to the time with a reminder of what to bring)
All femme folk welcome - even if you're completely new to this sort of thing!
Any questions please ask!
Looking forward to welcoming you to the space!
Normal Ticket £33
For those who can pay full price for a ticket